Most of my lunches consist of leftovers from supper the night before, but sometimes there are no leftovers. That’s when a sandwich comes to the rescue, you can fill them with anything you can think of and they are really easy to eat (well so long as you don’t stuff them with too many fillings).
- Multigrain brown bread sandwich filled with lettuce, chicken mayonnaise and pickled zucchini (that was included in this week’s CSA bag),
- red and green cabbage and sesame seed salad and
- some grapes.
Sometimes picking up a rotisserie chicken and raiding the fridge for salad ingredients is all I feel like doing after a long day at work. In this instance I used leftover roast vegetables and sprouts for the salad.
- Roast chicken drumsticks and
- a salad with lettuce, pumpkin, mixed sprouts and balsamic beetroot.
- Wholewheat penne tossed with tomato sauce and crumbled feta and
- a salad with baby cabbage leaves, mixed sprouts, cucumber, tomato and carrot.
Did you spot the little mouse in my salad? He’s a buddy of the panda featured in lunch #396. I’m finding these little bottles really handy to add a bit of zing to salads or steamed veggies and of course the cute factor doesn’t hurt either.
- Chorizo, feta and green pepper frittita,
- salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and carrot with
- a mouse bottle filled with lemon juice to dress the salad.
Posted in Packed Lunches
Tagged carrot, chorizo, cucumber, egg, feta, frittata, green pepper, lemon juice, lettuce, salad, tomato
Having seen Marisa‘s contributions to the monthly Daring Cooks challenges I decided to become a Daring Cook myself and just completed my first challenge. This month’s host was Michele from Veggie Num Nums, she challenged us to produce a meze spread including home-made pita bread and hummus (recipes listed here) and any other dishes of our choice. Even though making bread is on my list of to-dos this year I was a bit daunted at the thought of making bread from scratch. It turned out even better then I could have imagined and I think this is definitely something I’ll be doing again soon.
I left the hummus and pita plain and added some baba ganoush, green olives stuffed with garlic (there where none left for my lunch meze though) and some tabbouleh to the spread.
- Lunchbox size pitas,
- baba ganoush and
This is a lunch that I packed for myself awhile back using leftovers from a Meatless Monday dinner. I made this vegetarian stew by cooking up a bunch roughly chopped tomatoes with chunks of carrot, green pepper and spring onion with some smoked paprika and cumin. When everything was cooked I added some big chucks of smoked tofu and let it warm though.
- Tofu and vegetable stew with