We’re nearing the end of the Zespri kiwifruit 14 day blogger challenge, today’s challenge is to think up a refreshing kiwifruit drink.
Although it’s still pretty cold in Cape Town, it’s the beginning of Spring and the warmer weather is just around the corner. While we’re still wrapped in warm blankets or huddled around fireplaces most Capetonians are dreaming of Summer days filled with braais and picnics. This kiwifruit and mint rooibos iced tea fits pretty neatly into those daydreams.
Poured into a small thermos I think this would make a lovely addition to a packed lunch. Or you could spike each glass with a shot of vodka or spiced rum before pouring in the tea for an iced tea cocktail, yum!
- 4 Tbsp loose rooibos or 4 rooibos teabags
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 litre boiling water
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 kiwifruit pureed
- Place the rooibos and mint into a tall jug (I used a coffee plunger due to the loose rooibos) and pour over the boiled water.
- Leave to steep for at least 15 minutes, the long you leave it the stronger the flavours will become.
- Strain the tea into another just or a bottle.
- Add the honey and kiwifruit puree, stir to dissolve the honey.
- Stick in the fridge to cool until you are ready to server.
- Serve over ice with additional sprigs of mint and slices of kiwifruit if desired.