It’s World Nutella Day today, so in celebration of that naughty chocolate and hazelnut spread I snuck a little sealed sandwich into my lunch box today. Sealed sandwiches doesn’t work so well with the seed loaf I’d usually buy, so I decided to go all the way to the dark side and get a loaf of standard white sandwich bread.
- Nutella filled sealed sandwich,
- chicken mayonnaise sandwich (hiding under the Nutella one),
- selection of vegetable crudités, including celery sticks, baby corn, carrot sticks & baby tomatoes, and
- a little tub of strained yoghurt with some Thai pesto stirred into it.
Wow, I can’t believe it has been nearly five months since my last blog post. How absolutely shocking! They say time flies when you’re having fun, but I can’t say that these past few months have been that exciting. Maybe it’s just a sign that I’m getting a bit older? My return has been somewhat inspired by an invitation to a bloggers get together being organised by the lovely Betty Bake and Being Brazen. The invitation got me thinking, if I want to be thought of as a blogger then I should blog right? So, I’d like to renew my blogging license and here is a blog post to prove it.
- Chicken cooked in a sticky plum sauce,
- stir-fried carrot, courgette, mange tout, spring onion and fresh corn kernels and
- egg noodles.
I bought some porcini butter from the Funki Fungi stand at the Neighbourgoods Market awhile ago. I’ve been using it for all sorts of dishes, but my favourite way to use it is in a simple sandwich where it’s subtle flavour really gets to shine.
- Sliced silverside, watercress and porcini butter sandwich on rye bread,
- baby tomatoes,
- baby corn,
- orange, radish. mint and toasted almond salad and
- some grapes
Posted in Packed Lunches
Tagged almond, beef, corn, grapes, mint, orange, porcini butter, radish, rye bread, sandwich, tomato, watercress