This salad started out as my attempt to recreate Primi Piatti‘s hot beef salad, I didn’t quite manage the recreation but the salad was still very tasty.
- Salad with lettuce,baby tomatoes, baby marrow ribbons, red pepper, cubes of beef and potato slices sautéed with smoked paprika and
- yoghurt and smoked paprika dressing.
Most of my lunches consist of leftovers from supper the night before, but sometimes there are no leftovers. That’s when a sandwich comes to the rescue, you can fill them with anything you can think of and they are really easy to eat (well so long as you don’t stuff them with too many fillings).
- Multigrain brown bread sandwich filled with lettuce, chicken mayonnaise and pickled zucchini (that was included in this week’s CSA bag),
- red and green cabbage and sesame seed salad and
- some grapes.
Sometimes picking up a rotisserie chicken and raiding the fridge for salad ingredients is all I feel like doing after a long day at work. In this instance I used leftover roast vegetables and sprouts for the salad.
- Roast chicken drumsticks and
- a salad with lettuce, pumpkin, mixed sprouts and balsamic beetroot.
Did you spot the little mouse in my salad? He’s a buddy of the panda featured in lunch #396. I’m finding these little bottles really handy to add a bit of zing to salads or steamed veggies and of course the cute factor doesn’t hurt either.
- Chorizo, feta and green pepper frittita,
- salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and carrot with
- a mouse bottle filled with lemon juice to dress the salad.
Posted in Packed Lunches
Tagged carrot, chorizo, cucumber, egg, feta, frittata, green pepper, lemon juice, lettuce, salad, tomato
Three years ago today I posted my first post on Blogs24 (now Letterdash), it’s hard to believe but all the posts are all there to prove it. As I did last year I’m going to have a little giveaway to celebrate, so keep a lookout for a post on that this weekend sometime.
I found a punnet of red currants in my local Woolworths the other day. They were so bright and cheerful they just had to come home with me. I paired them with some roast chicken and feta cheese in a salad and it was very yummy indeed.
- Chicken salad with mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, bean sprouts, feta cheese, shredded roast chicken, red currants and spring onions
- and a banana (not pictured).