Guess what’s for lunch today? Leftovers from this month’s daring cooks challenge.
- A slice of green chile and grilled chicken stacked enchilada,
- refried beans and
- a salad with lettuce, onion, baby tomatoes and avocado.
Posted in Packed Lunches
Tagged avacado, cheese, chicken, enchilada, lettuce, onion, refried beans, salad, stacked enchilada, tomatoes, tortilla
Have you noticed the seasonal change in the weather recently? In Cape Town the evenings have a slight chill to them signalling the onset of Autumn and I think that is the perfect excuse to create giant pots of warm and comforting soup. Like this Thai flavoured butternut soup I made last night.
- Thai butternut soup and
- two slices of muesli loaf from Knead.
Here is my recipe for Thai flavoured butternut soup.
- 1Tbsp coconut oil (I used the Kapruka brand that we received in our goodies bags at the SA Food Bloggers Conference)
- 2 medium sized onions (roughly chopped)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1.5kg butternut (peeled, seeds removed and cut into large chunks)
- 1.5ℓ vegetable stock
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (split in half lengthways)
- 3 dried limes leaves
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1tsp fish sauce
- a large handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
- the juice of half a lime
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the coconut oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the butternut and stir-fry for a minute or two to coat with the coconut oil and brown slightly.
- Add the vegetable stock, lemongrass and lime leaves and cook for half an hour (or until the butternut is tender)
- Remove the lemongrass and lime leaves and then blend to a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, coriander and lime juice, bring to the boil and serve.
Makes approximately 9-10 servings
Posted in Packed Lunches, Recipes
Tagged bread, butternut soup, coconut milk, coconut oil, coriander, garlic, kapruka, Knead, lemongrass, lime juice, lime leaves, onion, soup, thai butternut soup