Awhile back Sigrid from Cooking and Eating with Polkadotcupcake and Marisa from The Creative Pot where chatting about Mexican food on Twitter. Their conversation escalated into a cheese slut confessional and the creation of the #cheeseslut tag. Soon bloggers started coming out of the woodwork (including myself) declaring their love for all things cheesy. Check out Browniegirl, Cook sister! and My easy cooking for more #cheeseslut posts.
This soup was my contribution to a weekend #cheeseslut cooking challenge and also to Mothers’ Day lunch. I made sure I had some leftover for lunch the next day too though.
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup,
- an avocado sandwich with red pepper and lettuce and
- an apple.
Here is my recipe for the soup
- 1l vegetable stock,
- 300g broccoli florets,
- 2 small potatoes peeled and cubed,
- 125g creamy blue cheese,
- 125ml milk
- Place vegetable stock, broccoli and potato in a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Crumble blue cheese into pot, add milk and blend till smooth.
- Serve immediately with warm slices of toasted bread or croutons.