It’s World Nutella Day today, so in celebration of that naughty chocolate and hazelnut spread I snuck a little sealed sandwich into my lunch box today. Sealed sandwiches doesn’t work so well with the seed loaf I’d usually buy, so I decided to go all the way to the dark side and get a loaf of standard white sandwich bread.
- Nutella filled sealed sandwich,
- chicken mayonnaise sandwich (hiding under the Nutella one),
- selection of vegetable crudités, including celery sticks, baby corn, carrot sticks & baby tomatoes, and
- a little tub of strained yoghurt with some Thai pesto stirred into it.
Ten days into the Zespri kiwifruit fourteen day challenge, I can hardly believe it. I may not have posted every single day, but I’ve been eating at least one kiwi a day since this challenge started. I’m feeling a little lighter, a little healthier and a whole lot more inspired. I’ll definitely not overlook these fuzzy fruits with the jewelled middles if I see them when out doing our weekly grocery shopping.
I used today’s allocation of kiwifruit in an Asian flavoured coleslaw. I mixed it with sliced celery, julienne ginger, grated carrot, thinly sliced red and green cabbage, a sprinkling of sesame seeds and a drizzle of soy sauce. This is a delicious fresh version of a coleslaw, a lot lighter than mayonnaise laden variety, and is a good partner to the salty smoky kassler.
- Kiwi coleslaw with celery, ginger, carrot, red cabbage, green cabbage, kiwifruit and sesame seeds,
- a little blue bear bottle filled with soy sauce to drizzle over the coleslaw just before eating,
- a sliced kassler chop and
- some baby tomatoes.
Posted in Packed Lunches
Tagged 14daysofZespriSA, cabbage, carrot, celery, coleslaw, ginger, green cabbage, kassler, kiwi, kiwifruit, red cabbage, sesame, tomato