Sometimes picking up a rotisserie chicken and raiding the fridge for salad ingredients is all I feel like doing after a long day at work. In this instance I used leftover roast vegetables and sprouts for the salad.
- Roast chicken drumsticks and
- a salad with lettuce, pumpkin, mixed sprouts and balsamic beetroot.
- Wholewheat penne tossed with tomato sauce and crumbled feta and
- a salad with baby cabbage leaves, mixed sprouts, cucumber, tomato and carrot.
Three years ago today I posted my first post on Blogs24 (now Letterdash), it’s hard to believe but all the posts are all there to prove it. As I did last year I’m going to have a little giveaway to celebrate, so keep a lookout for a post on that this weekend sometime.
I found a punnet of red currants in my local Woolworths the other day. They were so bright and cheerful they just had to come home with me. I paired them with some roast chicken and feta cheese in a salad and it was very yummy indeed.
- Chicken salad with mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, bean sprouts, feta cheese, shredded roast chicken, red currants and spring onions
- and a banana (not pictured).